Taurus Judge 410GA/45LC Stainless Magnum Revolver with 3-inch Barrel
Smith & Wesson Governor .410/45 Stainless Revolver
Taurus Judge Public Defender 410GA/45LC Black Revolver
Taurus Judge 410GA/45LC Stainless Magnum Revolver with 6.5-inch Barrel
Taurus Judge 410GA/45LC Black Magnum Revolver with 3-inch Barrel
Taurus Judge 410GA/45LC Black Magnum Revolver with 6.5-inch Barrel
Taurus M513 45/.410 and 454 Casull Raging Judge Double-Action Revolver with 3-Inch Barrel
Taurus Judge 410GA/45LC Stainless Revolver with 3-inch Barrel
Taurus Judge 410GA/45LC Black Revolver with 6.5-inch Barrel
The Smith & Wesson Governor revolver puts six rounds of customizable response under your control. Load with .410 2 1/2 inch shotshells, .45 ACP or .45 Colt - alone or in combination with the included moon clips* - and hit your target in every situation. Plus, it`s from the leading expert in revolver manufacturing over the past 159 years. Now that`s confidence.
*Each Governor® is packaged with (2) 6 round and (3) 2 round moon clips for use with .45 ACP.
1. Perfect nightstand gun.
2. Great sidearm in the woods to deal with anything you might encounter.
3. A bit big for CC but comfortable for OWB open carry or under a jacket; not as heavy as it looks.
4. Surprisingly accurate at personal defense distances despite the short barrel.
5. Also surprisingly tight patterns with the 410, and its size helps mitigate recoil of hot loadings. Winchester 410 PDX delivers a devastating punch while being quite manageable.
6. With practice and 45ACP in moon clips, can reload nearly as fast as a semi-auto pistol. Speedloaders for 45 Colt are a little bit slower but still quick. Just wish there was a method to speed up reloading 410; haven’t found one yet.
7. The front tritium dingle-dot sight is very effective in low light and work nicely despite having no rear night sight.
8. Available with factory Crimson Trace laser grips but these can also be installed later, at lower total cost if you shop around.
9. DA trigger is smooth and feels lighter than it measures. SA is amazing.
10. A couple thousand rounds over several years and it shoots and feels better than ever.
Summary: What’s not to love? Even if you never shoot 410, this is a terrific 45 6-shot - and being able to use 45ACP will save you a ton versus 45 Colt.
A revolver in the modern era of semi-automatics. Oh yes! The capacity to operate with 3 types of ammunition makes the Governor a good option for personal/home protection. 6 shots in various ammo combinations. Surely, the capacity is not that of the semi, but for the individual who is looking NOT to get into an extended fire fight 308 or 5.56 would be my preference for that situation. The Governor is fantastic.
This weapon is fantastic.
Currently only the 45ACP and 45LC have been shot. I prefer to always cock the hammer back for firing and this weapon, its 3 round platform and the fit-feel are a perfect combination for personal protection. Granted, the weapon is a beast to carry in a standard revolver holster but the firepower and reliability overcome that minor issue. Rock solid S&W.
I love this gun first of all. It was in my hands in 3 days with regular shipping. It shoots an inch or so high with 45acp at 12-15 feet. 45lc has a little more kick and a great growl. I have not had a chance to shoot 410 yet. The fit and finish are world class. Would buy again.