The Viper PST (Precision Shooting Tactical) riflescope boasts features associated with top-tier riflescopes, yet comes in at a street price under the $1,000 mark. Matching reticle and turret measurements allow accurate, fast dialing of shots. The one-piece 30mm tube, precision-machined from a single solid block of aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum, offers ample windage and elevation adjustment.
The Enhanced Battle Reticle is a hashmarked ranging reticle using MOA-based subtension lines for ranging, holdover, and windage corrections. Designed to maximize the performance of the Viper® PST 2.5-10X44 in close and mid-range shooting situations. Once distances approach 200 yards and beyond, the reticle subtension lines can be utilized to compensate for bullet drop.
- Optically Indexed Lenses deliver optimum image sharpness and brightness with true reticle use for full ranging and holdover from edge to edge because of computer-controlled alignment during construction.
- XD Lens Elements: Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR Lens Coatings: Vortex proprietary XR fully multi-coated lens coatings increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
- 30mm Tube: Provides greater strength and wider adjustment lattitude as compared to a 1-inch tube.
- One-Piece Tube: Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance as well as strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum: Construction from a solid block of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum delivers increased strength and rigidity.
- Hard Anodized Finish: Hard-coat anodization is durable; the low-glare matte helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- Waterproof, Fogproof and Shockproof
Internal Mechanism Design Features
- CRS Zero Stop: Customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) prevents dialing more than one rotation below your zero so you don’t lose the zero when dialing large amounts of elevation corrections.
- Tall Uncapped Turrets: Make range calculation and shooting adjustments fast and accurate with subtension marks that match the reticle.
- Single Spring Construction: Fully constrains (without over-constraining) the optical system for predictable, improved accuracy throughout the range of elevation adjustment.
- Glass-etched Reticle: Protected between two layers of glass (not made from wire) for optimum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle: Professional-grade illumination: designed for daytime, low light and night vision devices. The top five settings (6, 7, 8, 9 and 10) are visible in the daytime, depending on the background color. Settings below 6 are for low light use when the users eyes have adjusted to lower light levels. Lowest settings are intended for use with night vision devices.
- Illumination Control: Can be turned on or off with a single click between each intensity level—allowing access to a preferred illumination setting without having to progress through each intensity level. Positioned at the left side of the eyepiece.
Additional Features and Specs
Combines a fiber optics magnification indicator with raised rear-facing magnification references for clear viewing in low light conditions.
Fiber optic turret rotation indicator provides illuminated and tactile point of reference for turret rotations. Patent 7,937,879
Fast Focus Eyepiece
Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.