The Viper PST (Precision Shooting Tactical) riflescope boasts features associated with top-tier riflescopes, yet comes in at a street price under the $1,000 mark. Matching reticle and turret measurements allow accurate, fast dialing of shots. The one-piece 30mm tube, precision-machined from a single solid block of aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum, offers ample windage and elevation adjustment.
Enhanced Battle Reticle
A hashmarked ranging reticle using MRAD-based subtension lines for ranging, holdover, and windage corrections. Designed to maximize the performance of the Viper® PST 6–24x50 in close and mid-range shooting situations. Once distances approach 200 yards and beyond, the reticle subtension lines can be utilized to compensate for bullet drop.
- Optically Indexed Lenses: Delivers optimum image sharpness and brightness with true reticle use for full ranging and holdover from edge to edge because of computer-controlled alignment during construction.
- XD Lens Elements: Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR Lens Coatings: Vortex proprietary XR fully multi-coated lens coatings increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
- 30mm Tube: Provides greater strength and wider adjustment latitude as compared to a 1-inch tube.
- One-Piece Tube: Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance as well as strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum: Construction from a solid block of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum delivers increased strength and rigidity.
- Hard Anodized Finish: Hard-coat anodization is durable; the low-glare matte helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- Waterproof, Fogproof and Shockproof
Internal Mechanism Design Features
- CRS Zero Stop: Customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) prevents dialing more than one rotation below your zero so you don’t lose the zero when dialing large amounts of elevation corrections.
- Tall Uncapped Turrets: Make range calculation and shooting adjustments fast and accurate with subtension marks that match the reticle.
- Single Spring Construction: Fully constrains (without over-constraining) the optical system for predictable, improved accuracy throughout the range of elevation adjustment.
- Glass-etched Reticle: Protected between two layers of glass (not made from wire) for optimum durability and reliability.
- Illuminated Reticle: Professional-grade illumination: designed for daytime, low light and night vision devices. The top five settings (6, 7, 8, 9 and 10) are visible in the daytime, depending on the background color. Settings below 6 are for low light use when the users eyes have adjusted to lower light levels. Lowest settings are intended for use with night vision devices.
- Illumination Control: Can be turned on or off with a single click between each intensity level—allowing access to a preferred illumination setting without having to progress through each intensity level. Positioned at the left side of the eyepiece.
- MAG-View Bar: Combines a fiber optics magnification indicator with raised rear-facing magnification references for clear viewing in low light conditions.
- Radius Bar: Fiber optic turret rotation indicator provides illuminated and tactile point of reference for turret rotations. Patent 7,937,879.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece: Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.